Plácido Domingo revisits the Liceu with his favourite repertoire
The famed tenor and conductor Plácido Domingo has performed a wide repertoire from Barroque to contemporary music, but what has most closely accompanied the personal history of this great artist has been his passion for zarzuela, a genre he has nurtured since his teens when he worked in his parents’ company.
Joined by soprano Ana María Martínez, Domingo returns to the stage of the Liceu with a selection of highlights from this genuinely Spanish lyrical genre.
- Plácido Domingo, tenor
- Ana María Martínez, soprano
- Symphony Orchestra of the Liceu Opera Barcelona
- Jordi Bernàcer
|20||Sunday||18:00||Turn A||Fee 6|
Approximate running time to be confirmed
Zarzuela programme to be confirmed.
Reasons why you need to see Placido Domingo at the Liceu
- Plácido Domingo returns to the Liceu with a genre he has nurtured since his youth: the zarzuela.
- The indefatigable Plácido Domingo sings zarzuela on one of his favourite stages.
- Plácido Domingo has been one of the most international promoters of zarzuela.