Opera: a thrill
This is an educational activity aimed at taking opera to secondary school children using audiovisuals that show examples that are suitably contextualised and logically interconnected through a script.The activity begins with a brief guided tour of the Theatre. The public is then seated in the Foyer where they are shown a 30-minute audiovisual projection
Passages included in the audiovisual projection:
1. Turandot – Giacomo Puccini.
2. Ariadne auf Naxos – Richard Strauss.
3. Un ballo in maschera – Giusseppe Verdi.
4. D.Q. a Barcelona – José Luis Turina / Misè en scene by La Fura dels Baus.
5. La Favorite – Gaetano Donizzetti. Misè en scene by Ariel Garcia Valdés.
6. Billy Budd – Benjamin Britten.
7. Lady Macbeth de Msenk – Dimitri Shostakovitx.
8. Don Giovanni – W. A. Mozart. Misè en scene by Calixto Bieito.
9. Roberto Deveraux – Gaetano Donizetti.
10. La Traviata – Giuseppe Verdi.
10 and 20 January at 9.45am
7 February at 9.45am and 11.30am
21 and 22 February at 9.45am
6 and 7 Marchat 9.45am and 11.30am
14 and 16 March at 9.45am
25 April at 9.45am
26 and 27 April at 9.45h and 11.30h
9 May at 9.45h
10 May at 9.45am and 11.30am
Total 20 sessions
Price 5€ each student
Running Time 75m
A Didactic Guide for teachers is available only in Catalan.
Institut Municipal d'Educació
Web del PAE