Great scenes from Donizetti's 'Tudor Trilogy'
The American soprano returns to the Gran Teatre del Liceu after her triumphs in Andrea Chénier and Luisa Miller, this time to tackle a series of great scenes featuring three great 16th century British queens: the proud Mary Queen of Scots, the passionate Anne Boleyn and the powerful Elizabeth I. Each poses a huge challenge to the singer and actress, who must combine vocal force and technical expertise with irresistible charisma.
Sondra Radvanovsky is a favourite with Liceu opera-goers and one of the few singers of our time to have played all three heroines in the same season.
The final scenes from Donizetti's "Tudor Trilogy" (Anna Bolena, Maria Stuarda and Roberto Devereux), each with distinct period costumes, will be a treat never to be forgotten.
- Approximate running time 2h
- Sondra Radvanovsky, soprano
- Gemma Coma-Alabert, mezzosoprano
- Marc Sala, tenor
- Carles Pachón, baritone
- Symphony Orchestra of the Gran Teatre del Liceu
- Chorus of the Gran Teatre del Liceu (Director Conxita Garcia)
- Stage director
- Rafael Villalobos
- Riccardo Frizza
- Tenor Marc Sala replaces César Cortés due to rescheduled performances.