Varied programme with an attractive, up-to-date style
IT Dansa, the young dance company of Barcelona's Institut del Teatre, is back at the Liceu this year with its characteristic energy and enthusiasm. It was formed in 1996 as the upshot of a teaching project and aims to help young dancers of both sexes to perfect their technique and become professionals.
Its repertory includes Twenty-eight thousand waves by Cayetano Soto and The Prom by Lorena Nogal, a former member of the troupe. The third work, Lo que no se ve by Gustavo Ramírez, was created exclusively for IT Dansa in 2021, while the fourth, Kaash, is by the much acclaimed Akram Khan.
This pleasing, varied programme with an attractive, up-to-date style would turn anyone into a dance-lover
Patron of the Dance Circle
Recommended for ages 10 and up.
Before attending the show
- Approximate running time 1h 15min
- Artistic Director
- Catherine Allard
TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND WAVES
- Cayetano Soto
- M usic| David Lang and Bryce Dessner
LO QUE NO SE VE
- Gustavo Ramírez Sansano
- Franz Schubert (Andante con moto from the Piano Trio No. 2 in E flat major, D 929, Op. 100, and Adagio from the Nocturn in E flat major for piano trio, D 897, Op. 148, both played by the Stuttgart Piano Trio)
- Coreography| Ohad Naharin
- Album Cha-Cha De Amor, popular song with arrangements by Dick Dale, traditional song Echad Mi Yodea for The Tractor’s Revenge and Ohad Naharin, Riacho de Guem, song by Arlen Harold with arrangements by Marusha, Asia 2001, Chopin